"The massive range of tasks that the program can accomplish is amazing." - PC Format
QuicKeys for Windows FeaturesQuicKeys for Windows has many powerful and useful features.
Screen Shots• QK Editor in Wizards View
• QK Editor in Actions View
• Setup Wizard Detail
• Toolbar with Action Menu
Triggers - Hot Keys, Toolbars, Timers & QuicKeys Menu and more• Use hot keys, which can be virtually any key combination, to trigger your QuicKeys shortcuts.
• Hot Key Chaining lets users string a series of hot keys together allowing for virtually an unlimited number of hot key triggering key combinations. For example use F1->I->E to launch Internet Explorer and F1->E->M to launch your e-mail application.
• Create toolbars that contain buttons for any or all of your shortcuts. Like other triggers, toolbars can be for all applications or application specific (the toolbar will only appear when the specified application is open). To save valuable screen space Pop Out Toolbars have been added. Residing primarily off-screen, these toolbars pop out when the mouse moves near it and return to hiding when the mouse moves away.
• Set timers to activate shortcuts at a specified time on any day of the week. Timed triggers can repeat at an interval which you define.
• Launch shortcuts, view your QuickReference Card (a listing of all of your shortcuts) and open the QuicKeys Editor from the QuicKeys menu.
• Use Event Triggers to launch actions and sequences when programs start, shutdown, gain focus or lose focus.
Recording & Playback• With the recording feature, QuicKeys will watch and record your actions so you can play them back at any time. This feature is great for quickly automating longer, multi-step tasks.
Scope: Universal & Application-Specific shortcuts• Designate shortcuts to work only in certain applications or in all applications.
Shortcut Sharing• Transfer your shortcuts to another computer or user. Great for utilizing the same shortcuts on multiple computers or for sharing your favorite shortcuts with friends or co-workers.
• By sharing and connecting to Action Folders, QuicKeys users can easily benefit from actions and sequences created by others giving a whole office the ability to be efficient together. Plus, any changes made to these Action Folders will be updated for each QuicKeys user automatically whenever QuicKeys is launched or refreshed.
Setup Wizards• The QuicKeys Setup Wizards guide you every step of the way as you create actions and sequences.
Files & Folder Tools - Batch Processor, File Handler, Folders, Open, Recent Files & Zip Files• Run a QuicKeys Sequence on a group of files. For example resize and convert a group of images from BMP to GIF format with a single command.
• Move, rename or change the attributes for a file or group of files. Great for archiving or backing up a large number of files.
• Switch to a specified folder when in an Open/Save dialog window to instantly navigate to often used folders.
• Open any program, file or control panel instantly.
• Display a list of files modified within a certain period of time.
• Automate zip file management by creating, extracting, validating or adding to a zip file in a single keystroke.
System Tools - Button Click, Mouse Click, Mouse Position, QuicKeys Clipbook, Run Script, Select Menu, Set Clock, System Specials, Type Keystroke & Window Handler•Operate buttons in any window, locating them by name.
• Mimic a mouse click with a keystroke.
• Specify where you want your mouse with a QuicKeys trigger.
• Create and organize collections of images and text for quick retrieval in any application.
• Run java scripts, visual basic scripts or any other type of script that the Windows Scripting Host supports.
• Access and choose from the contents of any menu to reduce mousing or for use in a multi-step shortcut.
• Synchronize your system clock with a specified server or set your system clock to any date and time for testing.
• Save time by using a shortcut to automatically restart your operating system, shutdown your PC or empty or move files in your Recycle Bin.
• Reassign a universal hot key that performs the same task in each
• Control windows without having to use your mouse.
Internet Tools - Instant E-mail, Web Launcher, Web Object Click & Web Object Value• Compress any file on your desktop and attach it to an e-mail message in a single step.
• Launch your favorite and most frequently visited web sites instantly, even from non web-enabled programs.
• Select and click buttons and links in Internet Explorer effortlessly.
• Instantly navigate to text enter fields within a displayed Internet Explorer web page.
Multimedia Tools - CD/DVD, Set Audio Volume & Play Sound• Use a QuicKeys trigger to Play, Pause, Stop, Eject or to go to the Next Track, or Previous Track of your CD or DVD.
• Control the volume for all or just one of your audio devices.
• Play a select “.wav” sound file – typically used for adding sound as a step in a QuicKeys sequence.
Adv. Text Tools, Quick Type, Special Characters, Type Date/Time & Type Text• Clean and reformat text from the web or an e-mail message. Automatically removes line breaks and extra spaces from web text and eliminates quote systems from e-mail messages.
• Speed up your typing by automatically typing the text you desire using typed abbreviations based on a glossary you create.
• Quickly and accurately type foreign-language characters or symbols such as the copyright or trademark symbol.
• Automatically type predefined blocks of text with a single trigger.
Network Tools - Choose Printer, Dial-Up Networking & Network Drives
• Use a QuicKeys shortcut to automatically switch between different printers on the network.
• Connect or disconnect from a Dial-Up Networking service automatically.
• Instantly access network drives
for quick and easy access to shared file servers.
Screen Tools - Screen Capture, Screen Saver & Screen Settings• Capture and save screen shots of either the entire screen or an active window.
• Control your screen saver with QuicKeys triggers.
• Change your monitor’s resolution to a predefined setting with a QuicKeys trigger. Useful if you need to change your screen settings for different programs or different monitors.
QuicKeys Tools - QuicKeys Controller, Toggle Toolbar, & Variables• Control your QuicKeys program with a simple trigger - open the QuicKeys Editor, show the QuickReference Card, set the status of QuicKeys triggers, exit QuicKeys or set recording status.
• Control toolbar attributes. Create Floating, Dockable, Click-N-Go toolbars or to preserve screen space employ Pop Out Toolbars.
• Use variables and simple equations to add extra power and control to your sequences.
Sequence Tools - Check Condition, Insert Action, Message, Password Vault, Pause, QuicKeys Event Logger, Select Items in a List or Dropdown List, Switch Tabs, Wait for User Input, Wait for Window & Window Selector• Check conditions and attributes of file, folders, applications, windows and clipboards.
• Add an existing QuicKeys shortcut as a step within a multi-step shortcut. The shortcut will automatically be updated if any changes are made to the original shortcut.
• Have a custom dialog appear at a designated point in your sequence. The dialog input can be used as an if/then decision within the sequence. For example, if you have a timed trigger shortcut which goes off when your doing something else on your computer, start that shortcut with a Message step to give yourself the opportunity to cancel the shortcut, but set it to continue after 10 seconds if not dismissed.
• Encrypt passwords that are part of sequences.
• Pause your shortcut for a specified length of time during playback.
• Insert comments into the system log or another file of your choice during sequence playback.
• Select an item in a list or dropdown list.
• Switch between tabs in applications.
• Direct your sequence to wait for user input, such as a keystroke or a mouse click before proceeding with the sequence.
• Specify which window or what type of window you want QuicKeys to look for when it is cycling through a sequence. For example, if your sequence opens several windows and you want to choose an option in the window named Browse, you just need to specify Wait for window whose title contains Browse.
• Select specified windows within a sequence.